Your experience is our responsibility, whether that is as a patient, carer or family member. How we respond to your experience to make things better is just as important, so that we can make services better and ensure we do not repeat mistakes, but learn from them.
Our Patient Panel was established in 2013 specifically to support the hospital to improve services and is chaired by Ann Nutt.
Members of the panel are local people who live in West Essex and have been patients at PAHT. They have a positive interest in improving our services and experiences for our patients.
You can contact them using the details below. Please be aware the Patient Panel are not at the hospital every day, and your main point of contact should be the PALS service.
Telephone (outgoing telephone number only): 01279 827084
How the team support us
The panel have supported many different teams and projects across the hospital, including:
- Being part of our Quality and Safety committee
- Equality and diversity initiatives
- Improving medicine management
- Reviewing and approving patient information
- Complaints (reviews)
- Nutrition and hydration projects
- End of life care
- Discharging patients from hospital
- Being part of our Patient Safety Committee
- Infection, prevention and control practices
- Digital technology
- Supporting younger patients attending our hospital
- Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) audits
- New hospital developments
- Improving our telephone system
- Young people with additional needs
- Enhancing cancer services
Patient Panel proudest moments
- Hosting informative conferences on a varied range of topics including infection, prevention and control, discharging patients from hospital, our cancer services and managing diabetes.
- Presenting and highlighting their work to national NHS groups and the East of England consultants group.
- Awarded the prestigious Queens Award for Voluntary Services – a first for an NHS voluntary services group.
- Rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in November 2021.
How to join the team
If you are interested in joining our Patient Panel, please contact email@example.com for further information.