Contact the team
You can contact them using the details below. Please be aware the Patient Panel are not at the hospital every day, and your main point of contact should be the PALS service.
Telephone (outgoing telephone number only): 01279 827084
How the team support us
The panel have supported many different teams and projects across the hospital, including:
- Being part of our Quality and Safety committee
- Equality and diversity initiatives
- Improving medicine management
- Reviewing and approving patient information
- Complaints (reviews)
- Nutrition and hydration projects
- End of life care
- Discharging patients from hospital
- Being part of our Patient Safety Committee
- Infection, prevention and control practices
- Digital technology
- Supporting younger patients attending our hospital
- Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) audits
- New hospital developments
- Improving our telephone system
- Young people with additional needs
- Enhancing cancer services
How to join the team
If you are interested in joining our Patient Panel, please contact Ann Nutt, chair of the Patient Panel, at email@example.com for further information.
- Hosting informative conferences on a varied range of topics including infection, prevention and control, discharging patients from hospital, our cancer services and managing diabetes.
- Presenting and highlighting their work to national NHS groups and the East of England consultants group.
- Awarded the prestigious Queens Award for Voluntary Services – a first for an NHS voluntary services group.
- Rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in November 2021.
- Diane Deane-Bowers, vice chair of the Patient Panel, taking part in the Healthcare Excellence Through Technology (HETT) panel discussion and featuring in their patient representative video (below).