How the team support us
The panel have supported many different teams and projects across the hospital, including:
- Being part of our Quality and Safety committee
- Equality and diversity initiatives
- Improving medicine management
- Reviewing and approving patient information
- Complaints (reviews)
- Nutrition and hydration projects
- End of life care
- Discharging patients from hospital
- Being part of our Patient Safety Committee
- Infection, prevention and control practices
- Digital technology
- Supporting younger patients attending our hospital
- Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) audits
- New hospital developments
- Improving our telephone system
- Young people with additional needs
- Enhancing cancer services
- Hosting informative conferences on a varied range of topics including infection, prevention and control, discharging patients from hospital, our cancer services and managing diabetes.
- Presenting and highlighting their work to national NHS groups and the East of England consultants group.
- Awarded the prestigious Queens Award for Voluntary Services – a first for an NHS voluntary services group.
- Rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in November 2021.
- Diane Deane-Bowers, vice chair of the Patient Panel, taking part in the Healthcare Excellence Through Technology (HETT) panel discussion and featuring in their patient representative video (below).