Equality, diversity, and inclusion
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in everything we do. The service we provide is fair, accessible and appropriate for our patients, their carers and our visitors.
We recognise that, as a prominent employer and service provider in west Essex and Hertfordshire, we have an important role to play in our wider community. We draw on our diverse people, their backgrounds and their varied life experiences to help us build and sustain an inclusive environment to work and receive care.
Our focus on equality, diversity and inclusion
Here are some ways we are striving to build equality diversity and inclusion within the organisation:
- We are building diversity at every level of the organisation, including senior leaders
- We are establishing a dedicated equality, diversity, and inclusion team which lead an equality steering group
- Training inclusion champions to sit on interview panels and ensure a fair, unbiased process
- We are a disability confident employer and committed to be a menopause friendly employer
- We provide training and awareness sessions for managers
- We have a team of Freedom to Speak Up Guardians, ensuring a safe workplace
- We have Flexible working options from day one
“As an inclusion champion my role is to challenge and work in partnership with the trust to incorporate our values for example treating everyone the same by giving respect to each other.”
Inclusion Champion, Staff Side Secretary, and Unison branch Secretary
“We ensure we follow stringent processes to get the best person in post and incorporate our trust values through our recruitment processes to ensure equality, diversity and inclusion. We truly want to make PAHT the best place to work by valuing our workforce, providing our colleagues the tools to do their job well and allowing staff to have a good work-life balance.”
Recruitment and Retention Nurse
Staff networks function as vehicles for our people’s voices at an individual and collective level to support organisations in delivering real change.
Our staff networks are a safe space for colleagues sharing particular circumstances or characteristics to connect with others, share experiences and challenge organisational practices to create a more inclusive working environment.
Our networks at PAHT are:
- Race Equality and Cultural Heritage Staff Network
- Disability and Wellbeing Network
- LGBT+ staff network
More information is available about joining our networks when you start at PAHT.