Our recruitment process
We are committed to ensuring that you have a great recruitment experience. We understand that searching for a job can be challenging, and we are here to support you with our fair and inclusive recruitment approach.
How to apply
- All our vacancies are listed under current vacancies. To apply, you will need to complete an online application form which is standardised for all vacancies to ensure each application is assessed fairly.
- Please refer carefully to the person specification when completing your application – you will be scored against the essential and desirable criteria during the shortlisting process.
- Please contact the recruiting manager, whose details will be listed on the advert, if you have any further questions about the role.
- We aim to notify candidates whether they have been shortlisted within five working days of the vacancy closing.
- While we cannot provide individual feedback at this stage, if you unfortunately have not been shortlisted it is likely that your application did not align closely enough with the person specification.
If you are thinking about applying to work at PAHT, go for it! If you can, do arrange to pop down prior to application or interview to see where you are applying for. When applying for roles, the person specification and job description really provide an ideal starting block when considering which role might be right for you, but do link in with the named personnel on the application for an informal chat beforehand if you have questions.
Cherie Beckett, senior biomedical scientist - microbiology
- If you have been shortlisted, we will email an interview invitation to you.
- For senior positions, you may also need to give a presentation or participate in a stakeholder panel discussion.
- These details will be included in your interview invitation, along with details of the interview, the venue, and the date.
- You will need to confirm your acceptance via the link provided in the email; at this stage, you will be allocated an interview time.
- Please do contact us at any stage if you have questions about any aspect of your application or the interview process.
Your job offer
If you have been successful at interview, we will send you a conditional offer and will need to carry out some pre-employment checks before confirming your new role with us. These include:
- Identity check
- Right to work in the UK
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Qualifications, professional bodies and memberships, if applicable
- Occupational health assessment
If you need to give notice in your current position, please await our confirmation that these checks have been successfully completed first. We will then give you an anticipated start date, which will align with our scheduled induction dates on the first and third Monday of each month.