We want you to have an outstanding experience every time you come to our hospital, however we acknowledge that we don't always get things right. That's why our patient experience team is here to help.
We work with you to find positive ways to solve your problems. When possible, we will try to resolve the problem on the spot with the help and support of teams across the trust.
Our patient advice and liaison service (PALS) team are your first point of contact if you have any feedback, queries or concerns about services provided by the hospital.
What do we do?
- We provide a friendly, easy to access and confidential service to help patients, families and carers
- We give you on-the-spot advice and information if you have queries or difficulties
- We will listen to your concerns and help you find ways to resolve them.
- We report your feedback and concerns to the board of directors to help us improve our services
- We act as a point of contact for anyone wishing to get advice and information about the services we provide
Sometimes, problems cannot be solved straight away but we will try our best to help you to resolve your issue or refer you to the appropriate person.
To compliment the hospital or a member of staff
Our staff are the most important resource we have to help us deliver care which is centred around you, your family and carers. So, while we want to know when things are not working, we also want to hear from you when someone goes the extra mile to provide outstanding care.
Please call us on 01279 827084 or email: email@example.com.
To speak about an issue or complaint
To ensure we can fix problems early on and stop the problems getting worse, please call our patient experience team on 01279 827211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we are available from Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm. You can also call in advance and make an appointment to see a member of the team.
If your concern cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, or you want an official investigation to be carried out and to receive a formal reply from the trust, you will need to go through the formal complaints process. In those circumstances:
- We will explain everything you need to know about the complaints process
- We can help you plan your next steps in getting your complaint resolved
- We will talk to senior staff or managers on your behalf and arrange a meeting for you
- We can refer you to external organisations including the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) or the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)