Our gastroenterology team provides gastrointestinal services from diagnosis to high-quality care and management of adult patients.
We care for a wide variety of gastrointestinal conditions both as outpatients and inpatients, including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Cancer of the oesophagus, stomach, pancreas, gallbladder and liver
- Nutrition and feeding issues, including artificial feeding
We provide outpatients services across our three sites:
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow
- St. Margaret's Hospital, Epping
- Herts and Essex Hospital, Bishop's Stortford
Contact telephone number:
Outpatients appointment team: 01279 827391
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) service
Contact telephone number: 01279 278223 (Please note this is a voicemail service.)
When leaving a message please include:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your hospital or NHS number
- Your telephone number
- A short message about why you are calling
Please speak slowly and clearly. Your call will be returned within working hours. Our target time for returning calls is within 72 hours.
Please note if your call is urgent, you should seek advice from other sources as well as leaving us a message. You can call NHS 111 or your GP, or access advice in the Crohns and Colitis UK website.