Carers First have a member of staff on site at the hospital five days a week to help improve carers' experiences while they are in hospital working with our clinical teams and when they go home.
Jayne Moscow and Alison Pettit (Carers First)
Carers First support anyone who is looking after a relative or friend in hospital with a medical, physical and/or psychological condition. We offer support and advice to relatives when the person they look after is in hospital. We offer information on the help that is available to the relatives/carers once the patient has been discharged.
- One-to-one practical and emotional support within the hospital
- Liaison between the carer/relative, the discharge team and busy ward staff
- Information, advice, guidance and support to access
- Carers Rights under the new Care Act 2014
- Financial benefits and other entitlements
- Continuing healthcare funding
- Power(s) of Attorney, deputyship and explaining mental capacity
- How to access to emergency respite in crisis situations
- Access to continued support in the community following discharge including 1:1 and group support, counselling, training and awareness sessions and health and wellbeing days
Making a referral
Referrals can be made by health care professionals, social workers, community teams or by self-referral as follows:
Mobile: 07804 5950 68
Mobile: 07947 2757 38