The Cardiology department looks after patients with acute heart problems who need inpatient treatment and outpatients who require assessment and treatment.
We have a cardiology ward, Coronary Care Unit (CCU) and an outpatient service.
Our services include
- Inpatient and outpatient diagnostic tests and procedures
- Cardiac angiograms
- Cardiac pacemakers
- Exercise tolerance tests
- 24-hour tapes and cardiac event recorders
- Rapid access chest pain service via the Emergency Department and GP referrals
- Specialist nurse-led clinics
- Cardiac Rehabilitation services
We work closely with Basildon cardiothoracic centre and refer patients who require coronary artery stents and cardiac surgery to undergo procedures under their care.