Learning and Development
We are committed to offering learning and development opportunities to all our people to support their personal development and career progression.
New starters will receive a comprehensive induction and orientation to the Trust and a complete range of essential core (statutory/mandatory) training, depending on the job role, is offered by classroom sessions, e-learning or booklets.
This equips our people with the skills and knowledge to perform their role to the highest standard, deliver excellent patient care, continually improve patient experience and progress in their careers.
They will be able to discuss their work and personal development plan at their annual appraisal and take part in a number of specialist in-house and external learning and development opportunities, including:
- A wide range of interpersonal, leadership and management courses and programmes to support personal development including Mary Seacole
- Continued professional development opportunities to support career progression
- Information, advice and guidance in all aspects of training, education and development
- One to one coaching conversations
- A wide range of apprenticeship programmes (including degree level)
The main training department is based at Harlow College, a short walk from the main hospital site, and this is where most classroom sessions are held