The Princess Alexandra Hospital Charity
Our charity supports patients, our people and visitors at The Princess Alexandra Hospital, St Margaret's Hospital and Herts and Essex Hospital. The Charity enhances patient care, purchases special equipment, improves facilities and invests in vital research that supports patients now and into the future.
Contact us: email@example.com
The difference your support makes
Through fundraising the Charity is able to fund projects that touch the lives of thousands of people cared for by The Princess Alexandra Hospital each year.
Recently, donations to the charity funded a jaundice monitor (bilimeter) for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Recommendations from The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines show that these monitors are important to reduce the requirement for blood samples to be taken from babies when measuring jaundice levels.
Blood testing requires a baby to have a heel prick, which is a painful stimuli and can have a long-term impact on babies’ neurological development. The jaundice bilimeter measures the reading through the skin and does not require the need for painful stimuli. This has helped us to provide a better quality of care and experience for our babies.
The neurology unit team received specialist training for clinicians to enhance their knowledge regarding the diagnosis and treatment of patients affected by symptoms of stroke and stroke-like presentations.
Additionally, the neurology botox service is soon to develop ultrasound techniques for more targeted treatment of dystonia (a movement disorder in which a person's muscles contract uncontrollably) and focal spasticity (a condition in which muscles stiffen or tighten, commonly seen following stroke) thanks to a generous legacy. Enabling the purchase of specialist equipment and staff training makes a real difference to the care and treatment available for our patients.
Donations to The Princess Alexandra Hospital Charity have also funded Christmas gifts for patients, meals to say thank you to our amazing PAHT People and uniform for our incredible volunteers.
How you can help
How you can help:
- Fundraise with your school, local club or group. We have lots of great ideas for fundraising for groups, including some fun socially distanced ideas.
- Fundraise with your workplace or company. Whether or not your business has worked with a charity before, we can tailor a partnership specifically for you and your colleagues. From a one-off fundraising event, to a Charity of the Year partnership, your support will make a huge difference and we will support you every step of the way.
- Do you have your own ideas of how you would like to raise money for The Princess Alexandra Hospital Charity? If so, we’d love to hear all about it! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a donation to your local hospital charity. You can donate online (www.justgiving.com/pahnhs) or set up a direct debit to make a regular donation to your local hospital (Donate - Donation amount - JustGiving).
- You can also donate via cheque. Cheques can be sent to The Princess Alexandra Hospital Charity, Hamstel Road, Harlow, Essex, CM20 1QX and made payable to The Princess Alexandra Hospital Charity. Please include your name and address so we can send a thank you letter for your support.
- Follow us on Facebook (link) or Twitter to find out about our latest events.