As a valued member of our team, we are committed to ensuring we provide a remuneration and benefits package that works for you. A competitive salary is important, but we also recognise our role in promoting your health and wellbeing and offering a healthy work/life balance, while also helping ensure you get the most out of your salary.
- Minimum of 27 days annual leave, rising after 5- and 10-years’ nhs service, plus bank holidays
- Pay that reflects your ability and responsibilities, matched to a pay band and subject to London fringe weightings
- Pay enhancements for any unsocial hours, shifts and overtime work you do
- Maternity, paternity and sick pay entitlements and flexible working options
NHS Pension Scheme
NHSEmployers state that the NHS Pension Scheme is one of the most comprehensive and generous schemes in the UK. Contributions are tax-free and membership provides valuable protection for your family, including life assurance and a pension if you are too ill to work. Membership is automatic when you join the NHS and as your employer, we pay contributions equal to 20.6% of your salary towards the cost of your pension. We also provide retirement planning courses to help you understand your options for the end of your career.
For more details about the NHS Pension Scheme, please see the NHSPensions website: nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-pensions
At PAHT, we are outcome focused, meaning that where a role allows, we support agile and remote working. This is part of our commitment to providing a good work/life balance for our people.
We will also consider requests for reduced or condensed hours or for part-time work and job shares, which is particularly helpful for those with caring responsibilities.
Support for parents
We have supportive policies for emergency childcare needs as well as maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption leave and shared parental leave policies.
Support for carers
We have a supportive flexible working policy and have also adopted the Carers’ Passport
Health and wellbeing – supporting our #PahtPeople
We are proud to provide and signpost to a wide range of services to support our people with their health and wellbeing. This includes:
Mental and emotional wellbeing
- Employee assistance programme provided by Vita Health, offering confidential information, advice and support for our people. This includes for topics such as work/career, relationships, children, finances, your rights, health and wellbeing, management support and retirement
- Psychological support, including Here for you, a service run by mental health specialists from Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT), together with Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT)
- Chaplaincy listening service with our dedicated hospital chaplains
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders, who are our PAHT people, to support you
- Health and wellbeing champions to promote activities across PAHT
- In-house occupational health services with the ability to self-refer
- Menopause support
- Access to wellbeing Apps
- Long-term condition support for long COVID and menopause
- The Alex Lounge, a hub for you to meet colleagues and relax together, to take some time out for yourself, or to join one of the health and wellbeing sessions
- Access to physiotherapy support via Physiomed
- Flu vaccinations to protect you, your loved ones and our patients
- Online physical activity portal
- COVID-19 vaccinations offered at our hospital for all of our people
Being a part of our team will give you access to exclusive NHS discounts, including:
- Health and beauty
- Leisure and fitness
- Food and drink
- Blue light card link for sign up