Carers hospital support and liaison
Carers First have a member of staff on site at the hospital five days a week to help improve carers' experiences while they are in hospital working with our clinical teams and when they go home.
Carers First support anyone who is looking after a relative or friend in hospital with a medical, physical and/or psychological condition. We offer support and advice to relatives when the person they look after is in hospital. We offer information on the help that is available to the relatives/carers once the patient has been discharged.
- One-to-one practical and emotional support within the hospital
- Liaison between the carer/relative, the discharge team and busy ward staff
- Information, advice, guidance and support to access
- Carers Rights under the new Care Act 2014
- Financial benefits and other entitlements
- Continuing healthcare funding
- Power(s) of Attorney, deputyship and explaining mental capacity
- How to access to emergency respite in crisis situations
- Access to continued support in the community following discharge including 1:1 and group support, counselling, training and awareness sessions and health and wellbeing days
Making a referral
Referrals can be made by health care professionals, social workers, community teams or by self-referral by calling 0300 303 1555.
You can also complete the online self-referral form on the Carers First website: https://www.carersfirst.org.uk/home