Accessible Information Standard
The Accessible Information Standard makes sure people with a disability have access to information they can understand and the communication support they need.
The Accessible Information Standard applies across the NHS and adult social care providers. The Princess Alexandra Hospital is required by law to follow the Standard under Section 250 of the Health and Social Care Act.
What has the Trust done to meet the Standard?
- Developed Easy Read Information in response to the Standard
- Patient and stakeholder groups are closely involved in the development of an action plan and in scoping the range of needs and adjustments
- Policy and Easy Read materials have been approved by patient groups including the Patient Panel and Learning Disabilities groups
- A training module has been developed and piloted for use with frontline staff and is being rolled out to all frontline staff responsible for recording needs and asking about access
- Information Governance Toolkit Level 2 compliance achieved in October 2016
- Changes to COSMIC Patient Administration System to achieve compliance with the Standard has been completed