Our aim is to provide consistent dietetic and nutritional advice to patients, carers and staff for the dietary management of disease and in the promotion of health.
Our dynamic friendly department is made up of a team of 10 Dietitians, a Nutrition Practitioner, a Dietetic Assistant and an Administrator.
Dietitians are uniquely qualified in knowing about food and how it affects the body, both in health and disease. All Dietitians have to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in order to practice in the NHS. You can check the register on this link: HCPC Register
Our working hours are from 8am to 4.30pm, from Monday to Friday (out side these times, a message can be left on our answering machine on the number below).
We work with:
- Inpatients across the hospital, including medical and surgical patients, on adult and paediatric wards.
- Outpatients referred by hospital consultants.
- Patients requiring follow-up, following admission to wards.
- Children and thier families who require artificial nutrition support at home via a feeding tube.
- Other healthcare professionals (HCP) in both the hospital and community who need our dietetic expertise.
- Nutritional assessment
- Advice on the appropriate diet for specific clinical conditions.
- Training and advice for other HCPs.
- Support and advice for patients and carers.
- Help to improve standards of nutrition across the hospital.
01279 827443 (for referals or general enquiries)
01279 827869 (to cancel or change an existing outpatient appointment)
If you need any further information about our service, please contact Adele Ward, Nutrition and Dietetic Service Manager, on the above number or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key members of staff
Nutrition and Dietetic Service Manager, Adele Ward