The Cardiology department looks after patients with acute heart problems who need inpatient treatment and outpatients who require assessment and treatment.
We have a cardiology ward, Coronary Care Unit (CCU) and an outpatient service.
Our services include
- A six bedded CCU and 19 bed cardiac ward
- Inpatient and outpatient diagnostic tests and procedures
- Cardiac angiograms
- Cardiac pacemakers
- Exercise tolerance tests
- 24 hour tapes and cardiac event recorders
- Rapid access chest pain service via the Emergency Department and GP referrals
- Specialist nurse-led clinics
- Cardiac Rehabilitation services
We work closely with Basildon cardiothoracic centre and refer patients who require coronary artery stents and cardiac surgery to undergo procedures under their care.
Key members of staff
Clinical Service Lead, Dr D Roy.
Service Manager, Mary Hindley.
Matron, Sharon Cruse.
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Charlie Woolf.
Cardiac Rehab Nurse Specialist, Louise Dean.
Ward Manager CCU/Fleming, Sheridan Lindsell.
Ward Manager CCU/Fleming, Christy Arul Dhaveedh.
Unit Manager for Cardiac Angiography Suite, Sarah Dunkley.