Our Acute Pain Team is an inpatient only service for patients with recent onset pain.
Our service helps you with short term pain which may be the result of an illness or injury.
We work with you and your medical team across the trust to provide safe and effective pain management plans.
What do we do?
- Carry out daily ward rounds.
- Review patients who have recently had surgery.
- Offer advice and intervention.
- Provide education and training for medical staff.
The service is led by a Consultant Anaesthetist and run by nurses on a day-to-day basis.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- acute post-operative pain;
- pain from medical issues (for example pancreatitis or sickle cell disease); and
- acute pain following trauma (for example rib fractures).
Key members of staff
Anaesthetic Consultant, Dr Dev Dutta.
Acute Pain Specialist Nurse, Sister Pam Taylor.