Critical Care Outreach Team
The Critical Care Outreach Team (CCOT) supports ward staff when caring for deteriorating patients.
Our team is made up of 11 nurses with extensive experience in intensive care and we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our role includes:
- Assessing and treating acutely ill patients on the ward by advising and supporting ward staff.
- Preventing avoidable admissions to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and the High Dependency Unit (HDU) by otpmizing the care on wards.
- Visiting patients discharged from ICU and HDU on the ward within 24 hours.
- Supporting staff caring for patients after a tracheostomy or laryngectomy.
- Attending adult medical emergency calls and adult cardiac arrest calls anywhere on site.
- Providing formal and informal teaching to nurses, healthcare assistants and doctors of how to manage acutely ill patients
If you would like further information or to contact the team directly, please call switchboard on 01279 444455 and bleep 901.
Key members of the team
Critical Care Matron, Jane Bolton
Senior Sister, Debbie Thomas
Senior Sister, Helena David
Senior Sister, Elisabete Borges
Senior Sister, Gosia Campbell
Senior Sister, Christina Carr
Senior Sister, Nicola Hassett
Senior Sister, Carly O'Rourke
Senior Sister, Julie Payne
Senior Sister, Jo Smith
Senior Sister, Suni Sunil
Senior Sister, Emma Williams