Patient Experience Team
We want you to have an outstanding experience every time you come to hospital, but acknowledge we don't always get things right. That's why the Patient Experience Team is here to help.
We work with you to find positive ways to solve your problems. When possible, we will try to resolve the problem on the spot with the help and support of teams across the trust.
Service Changes During Week of 12 November 2018: 10am to 3pm Drop In Service
The PALS team is operating a limited service for the week of 12-16 November 2018. Please do leave a voicemail if you cannot reach someone in the team, or use our drop in service operating between 10am and 3pm.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Our PALS team are your first point of contact if you have any feedback, queries or concerns about services provided by the hospital.
What do we do?
- We provide a friendly, easy to access, and confidential service to to help patients, families and carers.
- We give you on-the-spot advice and information if you have queries or difficulties.
- We will listen to your concerns and help you find ways to resolve them.
- We report your feedback and concerns to the Board of Directors to help us improve our services.
- We act as a point of contact for anyone wishing to get advice and information about the services we provide.
Sometimes, problems cannot be solved straight away.
We will try our best to help you to resolve your issue, or refer you to the appropriate person.
If you want an official investigation to be carried out and to receive a formal reply from the trust, you will need to go through the formal complaints process. In those circumstances:
- We will explain everything you need to know about the complaints process.
- We can help you plan your next steps in getting your complaint resolved.
- We will talk to senior staff or managers on your behalf and arrange a meeting for you.
- We can refer you to external organisations including the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) or the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)
To speak to a Patient Experience Officer about an issue or complaint
In order to ensure we can fix problems early on and stop problems getting worse you can contact the Patient Experience Team on the number below. We are available on the phone Monday to Friday from 10am to 3pm and can solve most problems within 48 hours. You can also call in advance and make an appointment to see a member of the team in confidence on the details below.
Telephone: 01279 827211
To compliment the hospital or a member of staff
Our staff are the most important resource we have to help us deliver care which is centred around you, your family and carers. So, while we want to know when things are not working, we also want to hear from you when someone goes the extra mile to provide outstanding care.
Telephone: 01279 827084
To join the Patient Panel who help gather the views of the public on services
Your experience is our responsibility, whether that is as a patient, carer or family member. How we respond to your experience to make things better is just as important, so that we can make services better and ensure we don't repeat mistakes, but learn from them.
Our Patient Panel was established in 2013 specifically to support the hospital to improve services and is Chaired by Ann Nutt and John Woods. You can contact them using the details below. Please be aware the Patient Panel are not at the hospital every day, and your main point of contact should be the PALS service.
Telephone (outgoing telephone number only): 01279 827084