- Name: Dr De Silva
- Year Qualified: 1997
- University: St. Mary's Hospital Medical School / Imperial College. Dr De Silva completed her speciality training at University College London, National Hospital for Neurology and Royal Free Hampstead.
- Qualifications: MRCP (UK), British Medical Association, British Endocrine Society and Endocrine Society (USA)
- Date Registered with the GMC: 08/08/1997
- GMC Number: 4306298
- Date joined The Princess Alexandra Hospital: 2007
- Job Title: Consultant
- Area/s of Expertise: All aspects of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Diabetes in Pregnancy and Pre-pregnancy counselling in Diabetes.
- Additional Information: She looks after all aspects of Endocrinology and Diabetes, and has an outpatient session to perform dynamic endocrine blood tests. She does Antenatal Diabetes Clinics and welcomes early referrals of known diabetic ladies for Pre-Pregnancy Counselling. Dr. De Silva does general diabetes clinics at Princess Alexandra, St. Margaret's and Bishop's Stortford. She does endocrine clinics at Princess Alexandra Harlow.
She recognises that some patients may feel more comfortable discussing their issues with a female Endocrine consultant.
Dr De Silva is helping to develop both the Endocrine and Diabetes services. She is currently developing care pathways incorporating both the National Service Framework in Diabetes and NICE guidelines. She is an active member of both the West Essex and East Hertfordshire Diabetes Networks. She has developed a database looking at management and outcomes of pregnant diabetic ladies to ensure best practice is followed.