Foundation Trust status presents an exciting opportunity for us because if we are successful it will mean we will:
- Have a direct say in how the hospital is run and funded. Any surpluses that are made will be reinvested back into the Trust to improve patient care.
- Have greater local freedom and flexibility to implement plans to ensure that the hospital is providing the right services to local people.
- Be able to invest in new services and ways of working to meet growing demands and respond rapidly to the changing health care needs of the population we serve.
- Lose the traditional pathways of central control and instead we report to Monitor, the independent regulator for Foundation Trusts.
- Show your support by becoming a Foundation Trust member.
The difference is that Foundation Trusts are accountable to staff and local people through a membership community and an elected Council of Governors. The benefits of signing up include the:
- Chance to make a real difference to the local health service.
- Channels to feedback on what is working and what is not in the Trust.
- Opportunity for individuals to understand more about their own health needs.
- Ability to develop a greater understanding of the day to day running of a large acute trust – if you chose.
Signing up for membership is not unlike signing a petition to support the hospital – it is free and open to anyone over the age of 14 living in Harlow, Epping Forest, East Hertfordshire, Uttlesford and Broxbourne. Why not sign-up online today or download the membership form from the right hand side of this page and return it to us.
People can commit as much or little time as they want! Members will receive confirmation of their support, regular newsletters, invitations to events and the opportunity to become more involved if they wish.