Haematology is the examination of Blood Cells and Blood Clotting to provide a diagnostic and health monitoring service for the patient.
The laboratory performs
- Full Blood Counts and specialist haematology tests
- Coagulation screens and specialist investigations of bleeding disorders
- A Full Blood Transfusion service
- Anticoagulant monitoring and dosing service
- Ante-natal Sickle cell and Thalassaemia Screening service
Haematology has full Clinical Pathology Accreditation and is an approved training laboratory for the Institute of Biomedical Scientists