- Name: Dr Walker
- Year Qualified:1975.
- University: He undertook pre-clinical training in Cambridge, followed by clinical training in Oxford where he graduated in Medicine
- Qualifications: Dr Walker pursued General Medical training in Newcastle and specific Neurology training in London at the National Hospital, St. Thomas' and Barts.
- Date Registered with the GMC: 23/06/1976
- GMC Number: 2225148
- Date joined The Princess Alexandra Hospital: 1990
- Job Title: Clinical lead for disease modifying treatments in MS.
- Area/s of Expertise: Neurology with a specialist interest in Multiple Sclerosis
- Additional Information: In 1990 he was appointed Consultant Neurologist at Barts and West Essex (now Barts and the London) and Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust.
Dr Walker has carried out research on cerebrospinal fluid in Multiple Sclerosis which led to publications and a PhD.
Other research and publications have been in the field of general clinical neurology and latterly functional imaging in dementia.
He held a position on the editorial committee of the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry between 1997 - 2000.
Dr Walker holds two general adult Neurology out-patient clinics per week in Essex: one each at The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow and St Margarets Hospital, Epping.