- Name: Mr Al-Samarrai
- Year Qualified: 1974
- University: Baghdad Medical School
- Qualifications: MBChB. Mr Al-Samarrai came to England in 1975 to obtain a higher degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. He occupied different jobs in the UK and got his membership to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1980. He did his senior registrar posts at Queen Charlottes and Chelsea hospital for women.
- Date Registered with the GMC: 06/05/1983
- GMC Number: 2816023
- Date joined The Princess Alexandra Hospital: 1996
- Job Title: Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. He is the lead doctor for Colposcopy, Hysteroscopy, Minimal Access Surgery in Gynaecology and Gynaecological cancer.
- Area/s of Expertise: Gynaecological oncology, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery and colposcopy with a specialist interest in gynaecological cancer, minimal access gynaecological surgery, colposcopy and urogynaecology
- Additional Information: Mr Al-Samarrai was appointed as a consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Neath General Hospital, South Wales in 1988.
In addition to the general experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mr Al-Samarrai developed the Minimal Access Surgery unit, the oncology unit and initiated the Outpatient Hysteroscopy unit in the Trust.
Mr Al-Samarrai is the speciality tutor for the department and arranges training for the junior doctors in the directorate.
He is part of the East Anglia Speciality Tutor Committee. He is also an Examiner for the Part II Examination for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Mr Al-Samarrai is a member of the East Anglia Colposcopy Committee, member of the Cervical Screening Services Co-ordinating committee for West Essex, Chairman for the Medical Advisory Committee in PAH, member of the British Society for Endoscopic Surgery, member of the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology and a member of the British Gynaecological Cancer Society.