- Name: Dr. Ahmed
- Year Qualified: 1985
- University: Karachi
- Qualifications: MB BS (Karachi), PhD (London), FRCP (Ire) and FRCP (London)
- Date Registered with the GMC: 11/05/1995
- GMC Number: 4175142
- Date joined The Princess Alexandra Hospital: 03/07/2001
- Job Title: Consultant
- Area/s of Expertise: Rheumatology and general (internal) medicine. Dr. Ahmed is very keen in early diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory arthritis with modern treatments such as Anti-TNF. Also Biological Therapies for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoritic Arthritis, SLE, Vasculitis, Ankylosing Spondylitis Polymyalgia, Fibromyalgia, Osteoporois.
- Additional Information: He trained in Rheumatology at the prestigious centre in Leeds and has been working as a Consultant Rheumatologist for the last 8 years.
He has vast experience in treating connective tissue diseases such as SLE and Vasculitis Significant experience in joint and soft tissue injection treatments.
Previously has background of immunology research (PhD University of London) which is of added benefit in diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic illness.
- Contact Details:
- Secretary: Janet Bell
- Telephone: 01279 827420
- Fax: 01279 827614
- Email: Janet.Bell@pah.nhs.uk