Penn Ward is a female Ward that cares for women who have gynaecology, surgical, ophthalmic and also orthopaedic conditions.
A high proportion of the patients are admitted from Accident and Emergency, but we also take patients from intensive care and high dependency units once they are medically fit for ward transfer. The nursing team has many years of experience in surgical nursing and are a professional, friendly and well motivated team.
The Multi disciplinary team of Doctors, Physiotherapits, Occupational Therapists, Discharge Co-ordinators many Specialist Nurse Practitioners and Matrons work with the nursing team to provide continuity of care through a safe, reliable and efficient process.
Every effort is made to by the Nursing staff to treat each patient as an individual and respect their spiritual, cultural and social needs.
The Gynaecology doctors will visit the ward each day to assess your condition and plan your care and discharge with you, to ensure that your needs are met. Please feel free to ask the nurses or doctors any questions that you may have.
- Penn Ward is located on the first floor of the main building.
- Contact Number is 01279 827065
- Visiting Hours are from 3pm to 4:30pm and in the evening 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Only two visitors are permitted.
- Please adhere to infection control procedures.
Tell us what you think ; we value your comments
We hope your stay is as pleasant as possible. If you or any of your visitors have a question, compliment or concern, please:
- Speak to the nurse looking after you or the nurse in charge.
- Contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service. 01279 827211.
- Use the comments box on the ward.
- Leave feedback on NHS choices.