The Acute Inpatient Therapy Team is made up of Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists providing a service to inpatients at Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Our aims are to:
- Minimise the effects of physical impairment
- Work with patients, their family and carers, to restore optimum function, activity and independence
- Plan and implement safe and effective discharge from the acute hospital environment.
- Work within Multidisciplinary teams to achieve a holistic approach to patient care.
- Deliver a patient focused multidisciplinary pathway linking effectively into Primary Care Trusts and community organisations to provide a seamless service.
All Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists are state registered with the Health Professions Council.
Services are provided to the following areas:
- Emergency assessment unit (EAU)
- Accident and Emergency department (A&E)
- Acute Stroke unit
- Intensive care and High dependency unit (ITU and HDU)
- Medical wards
- Surgical wards
- Orthopaedic wards
- Care of the Elderly
- Critical care unit
We are committed to supporting young people considering a career in Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy and provide opportunities for work experience for 16 -17 year olds. Find out more here
Other Acute Inpatient Therapy Services